Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu (4 Days)Machu Picchu Tours
Overview on the 4 Day Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu
Cachicata trek is one of the newest route on offer for the world in Cusco state, based on the sacred valley of the Incas Ollantaytambo. Cachicata trek takes you through beautiful waterfall, spectacular views and Inca ruins to the most beautiful city of the Incas Machu Picchu.
This trek is for trekkers who like hiking without crowds as well for adventurers that enjoy the nature, specially for all the intellectual traveler that always travel with organic healthy food. Explore the Andes with us, unique in Peru with healthy products on the treks to Machu Picchu.
- Trip Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture and organic healthy food.
- Good For: Moderate physical fitness.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Starting Altitude: 3300 m – 10,827 ft.
- Highest Altitude: 4440 m – 14,564 ft
- Hiking Distance: 25 km – 15.5 miles
- Accommodation: 02 nights in tent and 01 hotel in Machu Picchu pueblo
- Coldest Night: Day 1 around 0º Celsius
We highly recommend you to arrive in Cusco city for your acclimatization.
Itinerary on the 4 Day Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu
Day 1 Cusco – Socma – Rayan Village
We leave Cusco very early in the morning to the starting point of the hike Socma; located in the sacred valley of the Incas. The hike for today is uphill to arrive the beautiful waterfall of Perolniyoc; and visit the impressive Inca ruins of Inca Raqay; where you get a spectacular views, mountains, valleys from this place. After exploring the ruins you have 1 hour to climb up to the lunch place where you spend the first night, Rayan village.
Day 2 Rayan village – Cachicata Quarry
After breakfast, we have the longest day of the journey and to conquer the highest point of Cachicata trek 4440 m – 14,564 ft. Today! You hike three hours before lunch; after lunch four more hours to get the second campsite Cachicata quarry. During the day you get to see amazing snow-capped Andes mountains; amazing views of the sacred valley of the Incas where Ollantaytambo is, Llama shepherds, etc. The day is for you!
Day 3 Cachicata – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes town
After organic breakfast; you will explore the quarries of Cachicata which is right in front of Ollantaytambo ruins; in this walking tour we see a variety of interesting features. Cachicata spot is an intensive Incan quarry used by Inkas to build Ollantaytambo ruins; and we get to see several large buildings; burial houses (Chullpas); and the Inca mummies in the cave of Cachicata.
After the walking tour of the site; follow the original ramps that was used for transporting the carved stones to Ollantaytambo.
The trail is connected to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo; in the afternoon to take the train to Aguas Calientes town.
Day 4 Machu Picchu the wonder of PERU
After breakfast in the hotel, we will take the first bus to Machu Picchu to visit. We will have a 2 hour guided tour of the citadel; and explore important temples of the site.
After the guide tour in Machu Picchu; you have the chance to explore the site on your own and late in the afternoon take the train to Ollantaytambo; and you will continue by bus to Cusco late in the afternoon.
Prices on the 4 Day Cachicata Trail to Machu PicchuPrivate Service Prices
Minimum of Participants 02 people
US$850.00 por persona
Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Sleeping Bag US$25
- Walking Pole US$8
- Inflatable Mattress US$25
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
- Extra 7kg of personal items USc$70
- Huayna Picchu permit US$25
- Machu Picchu Montaña US$25
- Inclusions on the 4 Day Cachicata Trail to Machu Picchu
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Assistant tour guide for groups of 9+
- Professional chef
- Mules to carry all camping equipments and 8kg of your personal items
- Pick up from your hotel/hostel
- Private bus to Socma village
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town (Round-trip)
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco city
- Drinkable water bring your own water for the first morning
- 3 breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners
- Dining tent with chairs and table
- 4 men tent for only 2 people
- *** 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes on night 3
- Foam mattress
- Oxygen bottle tank
- First aid-kit
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
Please let us know; if you have a special dietary requirement at not extra cost.
|Name of Tour||Was||Save||Now||Book Before||--|
Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu (4 Days)