Overview on the 4 Day Classic Choquequirao Trek
The Choquequirao Trek is perfect for those looking to get away from the crowds. This oldest citadel Choquequirao means (Gold Cradle); which has a lot more to be discovered; with a wide variety of flora and fauna; beautiful landscapes, and impressive site as Machu Picchu. Make your adventure of a lifetime with organic healthy food to Gold Cradle of the Quechuas.
Booking your Choquequirao trek with Inca Trail Spesialist; you are going with local operator! Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on TripAdvisor.
- Trip Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture and organic healthy food.
- Good For: Moderate physical fitness
- Starting Altitude: 2900 m – 9515 ft
- Highest Altitude: 3035 m – 9957 ft.
- Hiking Distance: 57 km – 35.4 miles
- Accommodation: 03 nights in tents
- Coldest Night: Day 2 around 0º Celsius
We highly recommend to arrive to Cusco city for your acclimatization.
Day 1 Cusco – Chiquisca – La Playa
We will pick you up at your hotel by bus to take you to Cachora Quechua town. Along the hike we’ll see a beautiful breathtaking landscapes, spectacular views of the canyon and Apurimac river. The trail is surrounded by beautiful flora and fauna. After lunch you have downhill hike 2 more hours to get your campsite La playa about 1800 m above sea level.
After organic breakfast; starts the climb up of 2 hour to Santa Rosa (break point). Then continues the uphill hike for 3 hours to Marampata lunch spot; during the hike you get to enjoy the splendid of Apurimac canyon; the mountain of Choquequirao and beautiful sharpy mountains. After lunch the walk is very gentle to get the abandon ancient city, Choquequirao.The campsite is only outside of the site (Chance to see the sunset and Condors)
Day 3: Choquequirao – Marampata – La Playa
After an organic healthy breakfast; the mysterious tour in Choquequirao starts; where your tour guide explores with you the most important parts of the citadel; and you have the whole morning to enjoy only of the wonder of Peru. After visiting the site, comes the lunch in order to get back to the Canyon of Apurimac, which is la Playa. Where we spend the night close to the river exactly in the first campsite.
Today! We leave the campsite extremely early in the morning after the breakfast; we’ll hike 4 hours uphill to Capuliyoc spot; where the last lunch be with your expedition team. After lunch; we still have 2 more hour of hike to Cachora Andean village. Finally since this point, we take the bus back to Cusco.
Late in the afternoon we drop you off in your hotel.
Choquequirao Trek Cost 4 Days
Minimum of Participants 02 personasUS$715.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag US$30
- Walking Pole US$10
- Inflatable Mattress US$25
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
- Extra 8kg of personal items US$85
- Inclusions on the 4 Day Classic Choquequirao Trek
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Assistant tour guide for groups of 9 to 18
- Professional chef
- Horses to carry all camping equipments and 8kgs of your personal items
- Pick up from your hotel/hostel
- Private bus to Cachora village (Round-trip)
- Drinkable water bring your own water for the first morning
- 3 breakfast, 4 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners
- Dining tent with chairs and table
- 4 men tent for only 2 trekkers
- 3 nights in tents
- Foam sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle tank
- First aid-kit
- Entrance fee to Choquequirao citadel
Note: If you have a dietary request; vegetarian; vegan; etc. Please let us know at the moment of booking time.
Does not Include:
- Sleeping bag (rentals available from Inca Trail Spesialist)
- Inflatable sleeping pads for extra comfort (3 inches/8 cm thick) (rentals available from Inca Trail Spesialist)
- Walking stick (rentals available from Inca Trail Spesialist)
- Tips for the crew.
What you need to take
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket and rain poncho
- Warm jackets
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sandals for the night
- Sun cream (recommended 35 better if is higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medications
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries
- Small day pack for the day