Express Inca Trail 1 Day
If you’re short on time but still want to experience the magic of the Inca Trail, the Express Inca Trail is the perfect option for you. This one-day trek takes you through some of the most beautiful landscapes in the Peruvian Andes and culminates in the discovery of the ancient and awe-inspiring city of Machu Picchu.
- Pre-tour information one day before the trip.
- Transfers from your hotel in Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo.
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour
- Hotel in Cusco
- entrance to Huayna Picchu
- Other services not mentioned.
Cusco – Inca Trail
- 4:00 AM: Start your day early with a pick-up from your hotel in Cusco.
- 5:30 AM: Arrive at the trailhead (usually at Km 104) and begin your trek.
- 8:00 AM: Reach Wiñay Wayna, a beautiful Inca archaeological site. Take a guided tour and learn about the history and significance of the place.
- 10:30 AM: Continue your trek towards Inti Punku (Sun Gate), the entry point to Machu Picchu. The trail offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- 12:00 PM: Enjoy a packed lunch or a snack with magnificent views of Machu Picchu from a distance.
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at the Sun Gate and catch your first glimpse of Machu Picchu. Take in the awe-inspiring scenery and snap some photos.
- 1:30 PM: Begin your descent to Machu Picchu itself. Your guide will provide you with information about the site’s history and significance.
- 3:00 PM: Explore the ruins of Machu Picchu, guided by your local expert. Learn about the architecture, cultural importance, and mysteries surrounding this ancient city.
- 5:00 PM: After your guided tour, you’ll have some free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, take more photos, or simply soak in the atmosphere.
- 6:00 PM: Depart from Machu Picchu and take a bus or hike back down to Aguas Calientes.
- 8:00 PM: Arrive back in Aguas Calientes, where you can relax, have dinner, and possibly visit the local hot springs if time allows.
- 9:30 PM: Board the train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco.
Please keep in mind that the above itinerary is just a general guideline and can vary based on the tour operator, weather conditions, and other factors. Additionally, it’s essential to be physically prepared for the trek, as it involves steep climbs and high altitudes. Always consult with your chosen tour company for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the itinerary, packing list, and other important details.