Overview on the 4 Day Inca Jungle Tour to Machu Picchu
The Inca Jungle Tour is the preferred multi sport trek for young people from all over the world who come to Cusco in search of adventure and extreme sports. As a Local Operator in Cusco, we offer a specialized service, with an exclusive route, qualified Tour Guides (fluent in English, and with vast local knowledge), high quality downhill mountain bikes, and the safest options for rafting, ziplining, biking and hiking.
We recommend visitors to reserve their trip in advance, confirm all activities and avoid unnecessary risks; Even worse be stranded in Aguas Calientes town without a return train ticket and Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
Itinerary on the 4 Day Inca Jungle Trek
Day 1: Cusco – Abra Malaga – Santa Maria (L, D)
Early morning, we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to transfer by private vehicle passing Sacred Valley of the Incas to a starting point of the trek at Abra Malaga (4,350 m.a.s.l.) which is the highest place of the trek. There we sit on a bicycle and start biking down for about 4 hours to the small town of Santa Maria. On the route, you can appreciate an Incan site, cloud forest’s birds, medicinal plants, butterflies, snakes and tropical fruits.
We can visit local families to find about their daily routine in Santa Maria, we accommodate ourselves in a familiar basic hostel where we can have a shower. After dinner, we spend the night there.
Optional tour: Rafting in the afternoon in Santa Maria, 3-5 class of rapids. The price of the rafting is extra USD 45.
Day 2: Santa Maria – Santa Teresa (B, L & D)
Our trip continues after breakfast getting progressively steeper to reach a restaurant where we have lunch; where we relax in hammocks admiring surrounding coca plantations and reach an authentical Inca trail – Qhapaq Ñan.
The path winds around steep hillsides and sheer gorges for approximately half a mile.
Please note that this part of the trek is not for people suffering from vertigo!!
We descend to the famous hot springs of Cocal Mayo and refresh ourselves in its healing water; After it, we hike to Santa Teresa town located at Santa Teresa River. Where we spend the night in a familiar simply hostel.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Hidroeléctric – Aguas Calientes(B, L & D)
A choice waits at the outset of the third day: either continue trekking, or choose to fly through the air 150 meters above the ground over rivers and jungle! The zip line option includes transport to the zip line facility and 5 zips. Are you brave enough to lean back into the upside down monkey position? Or spread your wings and dive head first in the incredible superman position. Make sure you book your zip line ahead of time to ensure the safest, highest, fastest zips (there are several other zip tours of lesser quality).
Hydroelectric station is where we stop for lunch! After it the trek continues for three hours to Aguas Calientes. Where you have the option to visit the natural springs before dinner. Make sure you make it an early night to be awake for the ascent to the jewel of the tour: Machu Picchu!
Optional tour: ZIP Line in the morning in Santa Teresa. The price of the ZIP Line is extra USD 40.
Day 4: Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
After an early morning breakfast, we hike for 1 hours 20 min up to the mysterious city of Machu Picchu that we enter for the early morning best photos opportunities! Then our Tour Guide shows us around the Incan city and explains us about its history and purposes. After the guided tour, we have an opportunity to climb up for about 45 minutes to Huayna Picchu, a peak above Machu Picchu that serves to take some panoramic pictures of the Incan city. Then, we are given time off to spend and explore Machu Picchu on our own.
In the afternoon, we return by train to Ollantaytambo (alternatively to Poroy), from where we are taken by van back to Cusco.Price on the 4 Day Inca Jungle Tour
Price on the 4 day Inca Jungle Tours
Minimum Participants 02 personsUS$ 980.00 p/p
Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)Under 18’s Discount: US$20
Walking Pole US$10Wayna Picchu ticket US$25Machu Picchu Montaña US$25Vistadome 45 USD Per Person (One way Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
Inclusions on the 4 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu
- Private Happy Gringo Tours bus to Abra Malaga (starting of our tour.)
- 2 nights in rural houses
- English speaking experienced professional mountain guide.
- (6-8 ppl with 1 guide) 2 Guides for a group of 9-17 participants.
- 8 kilos porterage service for your personal items
- Full board meals 3 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners. (Buffet Style Peruvian Gourmet Cuisine).(Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Dining tent and cooking tents with tables and chairs.
- Experienced Chef, assistants and cooking equipment and kitchen tent.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Hot water for washing purposes.
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles each morning.
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (Private rooms) Double Accommodation.
- Early on Day 4th Bus ticket to Machu Picchu from Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu, time to explore on your own
- Free storage in Cusco for your belongings at Happy Gringo Tours office.
What is not Included:
▬ Huayna Picchu Ticket
→ Machu Picchu Mountain Fee
▬ Walking poles
What you have to take:
- Backpack or a daypack
- Hiking boots (sneakers or running shoes are not recommended)
- Trekking poles
- Warm clothes
- Flashlight with extra batteries necessary
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries / Charger
- Sun Protection : Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Thermals, Wool Socks & Woolen Hat for cold nights
- Insect Repellant for Valleys and Machupicchu
- Rain Poncho / Good rain jacket
- Toiletries, Toilet paper, small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Trekking pants or similar
- Water bottle
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card is applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips to your staff