Peru’s Coast, Highlands and Jungle Tour 19 Days 18 Nightsperu destinations
Overview on the 19 Day Peru’s Coast, Highlands and Jungle Tour
Arequipa, as known the White city of Peru with an impressive colonial center built from the white volcanic rock that is found in the area there are a variety of things to do whilst in the city such as visit the Santa Catalina Monastery or the museum where the Ice Mummy ‘Juanita’ is kept. The main attraction of the city is the nearby Colca Canyon where it is possible to see condors soaring on the thermals.
Puno, another colonial city that people visit for Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake and home to the Uros people. The Uros people have lived on floating islands that they construct from reeds for generations, possibly as far back as Inca times and it is this unique culture that attracts people to the area. A boat ride on Lake Titicaca is an unforgettable experience, visiting the floating islands as well as the islands of Amantani and Taquile you see a side of Peru that is all but lost.
Cusco, the old Inca capital is the main destination of everyone’s trip. Sat at 3300m / 10,827ft. above sea level, Cusco has a unique charm and provides an interesting mix of Andean and Spanish cultures. Filled with ancient Inca sites and colonial buildings sat alongside modern restaurants and upmarket cafes, Cusco has a little something for everyone.
Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas is a short train journey from Cusco. Surrounded by breathtaking mountain scenery and with some of the most impressive Inca buildings ever constructed, Machu Picchu is the highlight of Peru.
The Amazon Rainforest, the jungle around Puerto Maldonado has been identified as one of the most biodiverse places on the planet. Staying in a lodge deep in the jungle you get to explore this fantastic environment by foot on jungle trails and by boat on the myriad of rivers and ox-bow lakes. Staying in a lodge is the perfect way to see the jungle allowing you to enjoy the wildlife in comfort.
- Tour the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu
- Climb Wayna Picchu (extra hike)
- Admire Colonial architecture on a tour of historic Lima
- Visit the ancient Inca Ruins of Moray
- Discover the ancient salt mines of Maras
- Witness the spectacular Andes Mountains
- Explore the fascinating Uros floating islands
- Marvel at impressive Lake Titicaca
- Visit traditional villages on Taquile Island
- Enjoy a boat trip across Lake Titicaca
- Explore the ‘Imperial City’ of Cusco
- Stay in Aguas Calientes ‘hot springs town’
- Visit ancient Inca monuments
- Enjoy a guided tour of Pucara and Raqchi
- Peruvian Amazon jungle
Itinerary on the 19 Day Peru’s Coast, Highlands and Jungle Tour
Holiday in Peru This 19 day holiday takes you to two of Peru’s impressive biozones, the Amazon and high Andes. Take a boat trip on the highest navigable lake in the world (Lake Titicaca) and visit the majestic floating islands, travel down the winding Amazonian rivers, see Condors soaring over the deepest canyon in the world and to top it off visit Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas and the fourth wonder of the World.Itinerary in brief:
Day 1: Fly to Lima.
Day 2: Fly to Arequipa – Optional City Tour.
Day 3: Travel across the altiplano to the Colca Canyon.
Day 4: View of the condors from Cruz del Condor before returning to Arequipa.
Day 5: Free day in Arequipa – Optional tour to the countryside around Arequipa.
Day 6: Travel to Puno by tourist bus.
Day 7: Visit the floating islands and Amantani Island on Lake Titicaca. Homestay with a local family.
Day 8: Visit Taquile Island and return to Puno in the afternoon.
Day 9: Travel to Cusco by tourist bus with visits to sites of interest throughout the day.
Day 10: Free morning in Cusco to explore the city by yourself. City tour in the afternoon.
Day 11: Free morning in Cusco. Afternoon train to Aguas Calientes.
Day 12: Guided tour of Machu Picchu
Day 13: Wayna picchu or Machu Picchu Montaña climb (extra hike) before returning to Cusco.
Day 14: Free day in Cusco. Optional Sacred Valley tour.
Day 15: Maras Moray tour.
Day 16: Flight to Puerto Maldonado (Amazon) and travel by river to your lodge.
Day 17: Jungle tours.
Day 18: Jungle tours.
Day 19: Return to Puerto Maldonado by river and fly to Lima.
Price on the 19 Day Peru’s Coast, Highlands and Jungle Tour
Standard Package: 3 and 4 Star Hotels
US$6425 per person for Solo Traveller with Single RoomUS$5710 per person for Travellers with 2 or more with sharing double, matrimonial or triple rooms
Student Discount: US$60 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)Under 18’s Discount: US$90
Wayna Picchu ticket US$25Vistadome 40 USD Per Person (Round trip 80 USD P/p)
Refugio Amazonas 4D/3N rain forest – (transportation, meals, entrance fees)2 nights hotel in Lima5 nights Hotel in Cusco2 nights Hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo3 nights Hotel in Puno1 night Hotel in Chivay2 nights Hotel in Arequipa1 night homestay Amantani islandLima City tour – Group Service Tour
Cusco City tour in group with entrance feesSacred Valley in group with feesMaras Moray – private tourTour in Machupicchu with private guide, entrance fees and bus ticketsTourist Bus to Puno with entrance fee and lunchGroup tour of Lake Titicaca 2D/1N staying a night with local familyColca Canyon tour including entrance fee, bilingual guide and transportation.All airport transfers.breakfast included in all the Hotels
- Meals not mentioned above.
- Domestic flights
- Airport taxes
- Before Booking You Must Read
- Amazon tour 4D/3N is really 2 full days in the Amazon as the rest of the time is travelling. The first day you will arrive around 1 pm to the lodge and the last day after breakfast you will take a motorboat back to Puerto Maldonado for your flight to Cusco.
- The City and Sacred Valley tours in this package are done in a group and with a trusted third party, not through Happy Gringo Tours. The group tours in this package are available as a private tour with all Happy Gringo Tours guides for additional cost based on your group size.
- After the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu , your train returning to Cusco will be either at 14:55 or 16:42 depending of the availability. They will be booked on the Expedition (tourist class) train, but can be upgraded to the Vistadome train for $65 per person. The Vistadome train leaves at 15:20.
- Climbing Huayna Picchu involves purchasing a permit and is available for $65 each. You can climb at 10.30 am after your Machu Picchu tour and it does need to be booked in advance as there is a limit and only 400 people can climb per day. However, if you do not want to climb, don’t be frustrated, here are similar views from the Sungate and other chance is Inca Bridge.
What you need to take:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
|Name of Tour||Was||Save||Now||Book Before||--|
Peru’s Coast, Highlands and Jungle Tour 19 Days 18 Nights